Monday, March 16

Everyday is a battle.

This post was going to be a list of reasons why I haven't posted since Wednesday, but instead I'll tell you about my new favorite indulgence - and the main reason - Super Coffee.
Everyday I wake up and everyday I make myself breakfast which involves, without fail, coffee. Specifically, I make a small pot of stovetop espresso and concoct a sort of soy latte minus the foam. At some point this past winter, I would have a coffee+liquor drink just right to start your Saturday night. The recipe varied, but effect was always the same. Since the winter, I invested in some supplies to make a super coffee at home and have even purchased supplies for friends so that they might have a little treat before heading out for the evening. 
Skip ahead more time. Every morning I wake up and see the Kahlua sitting next to the challah bread (fyi - I'm not Jewish, I just love the food). It's tempting. Just a little bit in the coffee. Maybe a little vodka. Perhaps a shot of Jameson or Bailey's. It seems innocent because coffee is a socially acceptable addiction. It also is easy to drink on the sidewalk or in the train because it goes into your travel mug without seeming super tacky. I wasn't going to give in despite all of the reasons to do it. I mean, I work from home, so what's the big deal? Who cares if I become a morning alcoholic? Who cares if I dance in my room to Whitney Houston at 11 am drunk on whiskey? These are the reasons I should not do it. I will want it everyday and I will not get anything done because I will dance to Whitney Houston at 11 am while drunk on whiskey and thoroughly caffeinated from the coffee. 

Alright. I've been strong. But yesterday was Sunday. 

Super Coffee, you win.

No comments: