Saturday, August 30

routine project


bitches. last winter i did a little project about my life. i was trying to figure out what the heck i did with all of my time. so, i wrote, more or less, everything i did (see sample of notes above). after i wrote one month's worth of notes, i started documenting the following month with digital photos. i took a lot of photos and when i felt i had enough, i printed them and sorted through the good and bad. as i did this, i put them in order. quickly, i began to identify how much time and energy i spent at work.  i put the small photos up in my room and realized i didn't like putting these work images in. by excluding the images of my workplace, i was creating a visualization of how i wanted my life to be. 
i put up the images of me waking up, preparing for my day and leaving the apartment. then i left a huge white space and about a foot below these photos i put the photos from the end of my day. in time, a map ended up in the middle space where the work photos belonged. then wedding invitations and a drawing of my tomato plant. now, instead of reminding me how things are/were, it inspires me to not get caught up in routines.  so serious today. when i feel this project is a bit more complete (or when i'm more complete) maybe i'll post an image. 

No comments: